- This event has passed.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
June 23 - July 1
Village Arts of Colorado Springs presents . . .
Shakespeare’s most accessible, hilarious, family friendly comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dream will be dished up to you in a Victorian age meets Industrial Revolution Steam Punk rendition.The “Dream” of this multi-generational cast is to delight children and adults and support the Make a Wish Foundation and Camp Wapiyapi, a Colorado camp for children with cancer and their siblings..
- June 23rd @ 7pm
- June 24th @ 2pm and 7pm (Pre-Show starts at 6:15)
- June 30th @ 7pm
- July 1st @ 2pm and 7pm (Pre-Show starts at 6:15)
Performances will be held at Colorado Springs Charter Academy Auditorium, 2577 Chelton Road, 80909.
Special musical performances by Summit Jazz Ensemble on June 24 and July 1 starting at 6:15pm and during intermission. This incredible student jazz ensemble epitomizes artistic initiative and musical excellence! Come, be inspired by and support this talented group of young musicians as you sit back and enjoy well-loved jazz tunes!
Purchase tickets online by clicking the button above, reserve tickets by calling 719-345-ARTS, or purchase tickets at the door.
- VIP seating: $20 (reserved, front/center seating)
- Adults: $15 (general admission seating)
- Students/Seniors/Military (w/ ID*): $12 (general admission seating)
- Children (12 and under) $5 (general admission seating)
A portion of all ticket sales will go to support the Make a Wish Foundation.
- Friday Discount Nights — June 23 and 30 @ 7pm: All tickets 20% off!
- Students — June 24 and July 1 @ 7pm: Student tickets are an extra-low $8 with ID* (general admission seating)
- Military — June 24 @ 2pm: Military tickets are an extra-low $10, with a military ID*, active and retired, immediate family members only (general admission seating)
- Seniors — July 1 @ 2pm: Senior tickets are an extra-low $10, for ages 55+ with ID* (general admission seating)
*Please bring your ID to show at the door if you purchase Military, Student, or Senior (55+) tickets.
Audiences LOVE this show!
Here’s what they’re saying:
“I loved it! It was just so clever! We were almost rolling on the floor laughing! You know, I’ve seen Midsummer Night’s Dream 5 times now, and this was the BEST rendition of them all!”
“… we’ve seen theatre all over, including this show in NYC, and Village Arts’ lovers fight scene was the best of all the Midsummer Night’s Dream’s we have ever seen!”
“I had tears rolling down my face in laughter!”
“This show was just excellent! I’ve done a lot of theatre, and your costumes in particular were incredible!” (teenage boy)
“I never really like plays before, but I loved it! I couldn’t stop laughing!” (12 year old boy)
“I loved every moment! I wasn’t sure if I would like the steam punk thing, but it really added so much! Congratulations on a superb show!” (senior)
“The steam punk idea was really clever. I loved it!”